[=G!X=] Clan Forum © 2013
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We've moved! Visit us on www.gixclan.com today!

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Maintainance

Server Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
[=G!X=]Bulls<3[=pink=]
G!X Member
G!X Member
[=G!X=]Bulls<3[=pink=]

Male
Registration date : 2009-08-10

Server Suggestions - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:10 am

Kaos wrote:
It might make more sense to have unlimited stamina? That way have the option or sprinting / not sprinting (normal speed or 2 times normal speed).

If you double (or whatever) the speed on the server, now sprinting / not sprinting is 2x normal speed and 4x normal speed.

Soak

P.S. The sprinting scaling factor is made up - I'm not sure if sprinting makes you go twice as fast as normal - it is close though.
Also (and excuse the double post) But I'll start bothering you a bit for all the settings I can't change as of yet, due to lack of knowledge of nitmod custom scripts ^^
But yeah, hopefully we can set stuff up that people will be happy with eventually!
Back to top Go down
Recall™
G!X CLAN OWNER
G!X CLAN OWNER
Recall™

Male
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 10:23 am

[=G!X=]Bulls<3[=pink=] wrote:
julybuly wrote:
Hey Bulls, i noticed u changed the movement speed on the server. IMO this is very annoying and very difficult for map objectives when u can get there twice as fast, i would like this to go to the normal level again. thanks
Speed has been returned to 320 (didn't know it was higher to be honest)

That's probably my fault. When we had panzerwar i changed speed to 400 and forgot to change back.
Back to top Go down
http://et-gix.com
CampinCarl

Male
Registration date : 2013-04-12

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 6:53 pm

I know it's been a long time since I have really gotten into the game and played.

But didn't the medic and engineer classes have shotguns? I'm pretty sure that's normal/standard server setup. Did people just dislike it because its a cheep weapon so we got rid of it?
Back to top Go down
Recall™
G!X CLAN OWNER
G!X CLAN OWNER
Recall™

Male
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptyMon Apr 22, 2013 9:14 pm

I think shotgun is noquarter only.
Back to top Go down
http://et-gix.com
Yang
G!X Member
G!X Member
Yang

Male
Registration date : 2009-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 1:17 am

I suggest we have a topic about promotions / demotions...
My main reason to have this one is that new members know how they need to behave to be promoted.. Be active, friendly, a good admin, ( you know )...
Back to top Go down
Ryan.
Ryan.

Male
Registration date : 2013-04-16

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 3:23 am

I suggest a board for suggestions. I agree with Yang for the Promo/Demo board.
Back to top Go down
Kaos
G!X Member
G!X  Member
Kaos

Male
Registration date : 2008-10-25

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 6:01 am

add the !seen and !li commands to level 0+ users.
Back to top Go down
Billy5

Male
Registration date : 2013-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:43 pm

I would like to suggest adding following commands: !afk, !stats, !gibme and of course I agree with Kaos about those commands.
Back to top Go down
[=G!X=]Bulls<3[=pink=]
G!X Member
G!X Member
[=G!X=]Bulls<3[=pink=]

Male

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:48 pm

the commands have been added now.
The forum suggestions are either things you could add yourself (as a new topic, you're free to do so, if done properly =] )
Or something that Recall or Mohawk has to add (As the actual admins of the forum. I can not, unfortunately, add new parts of the forum.
Back to top Go down
[=G!X=]Bulls<3[=pink=]
G!X Member
G!X Member
[=G!X=]Bulls<3[=pink=]

Male

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 2:53 pm

Billy5 wrote:
I would like to suggest adding following commands: !afk, !stats, !gibme and of course I agree with Kaos about those commands.

!gibme doesn't seem to neccesary for me, seeing as /kill works fine.
!afk, is basically a convenience thing... instead of pressing L, and clicking the mousebutton twice, you press enter and push 5 buttons on the keyboard.
!stats I can probably add. and fair enough, I'll add !afk too.
But gibme is something I feel a bit unneccesary.
Back to top Go down
[=G!X=]Rob[=GREEN=]
LEADER
[=G!X=]Rob[=GREEN=]

Male
Registration date : 2008-09-02

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 8:57 pm

ok.thnx Bulls Cool
Back to top Go down
Yang
G!X Member
G!X Member
Yang

Male
Registration date : 2009-03-30

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptyFri Apr 26, 2013 1:14 am

Well guys I'm sorry but I don't have a lot of spare time to prepare a topic for promotions and demotions, if someone can, please could you do it for us .. I've been really busy since february and it will go till december.. Because of a lot of people pressuring me to enter an university, and because of my school's schedule, from 7 am to 7 pm mondays - fridays and saturdays from 7 am to 3:15 pm.. Also on weekends I see my girlfriend beucase we're living far from each other .

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Durialforce
G!X Member
G!X Member
Durialforce

Male
Registration date : 2009-11-24

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 10:35 pm

In older servers, it was possible to walk very slowly, it's a bit faster as walking while pressing c, but silent.
Is this option included in N!tmod?
Back to top Go down
OwNeD
No longer a Member
OwNeD

Male
Registration date : 2010-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 10:50 pm

Durialforce wrote:
In older servers, it was possible to walk very slowly, it's a bit faster as walking while pressing c, but silent.
Capslock..
Back to top Go down
http://ET-G!X.Forumotion.net
Durialforce
G!X Member
G!X Member
Durialforce

Male

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 11:36 pm

OwNeD wrote:
Durialforce wrote:
Capslock..
Omg, you are right, how couldn't I have seen this at controls Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Billy5

Male

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 12:11 pm

Next suggestion - maps:
Caen, Purefrag, Headshot Smile
Back to top Go down
Sc0ut
Sc0ut

Male
Registration date : 2013-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 7:01 pm

As a forum suggestion, I'd suggest locking/limiting certain high level threads and delegating access/editing capabilities to only those with the relevant interest in updating those particular threads like leaders, recruiters, owners, etc. Most of these threads live in the announcements/sticky area, internal announcements sections. For example, roster update sticky isn't a conversation platform, it's significance is strictly for administrative arrangement, clan announcements don't have to be bogged down with side chatter, etc. You get the idea.

This is to cut down on redundant posting, extraneous clutter, and simply maintaining our main base of communications with a little more integrity. We don't want pubbers visiting the forum for insight into who we are as a clan and having them see our correspondences in slight disarray because of too much post freedom Razz

Small suggestion and easily applicable, I know, but every little bit counts when trying to build.
Cheers for the newbie trying to be helpful.
:3
Back to top Go down
Juxienn
OWNER
OWNER
Juxienn

Male
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 7:18 pm

Well Scout, thank you for your input Smile. Appreciated Very Happy.

As I see you've got some knowledge of forums AND a personal vision. I'd like to see more suggestions (if you've got more).
I'd love to see a whole new topic set up around the forums issues/suggestions etc.

Would you be able to make a topic like that?

Thanks in advance Smile.
Back to top Go down
Sc0ut
Sc0ut

Male

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 7:49 pm

Done and done! Good idea, Juxienn Razz
Back to top Go down
SHHPANK
G!X Member
G!X Member
SHHPANK

Male
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySat May 04, 2013 8:40 pm

ok I know this wont be liked by a lot of ppl. personally I love the trip mines but they are out of control. is there a way you can spot them like landmines then use a nade to blow them? or lessen the power by a LOT. its funny how everyone wants to be an engie now...lol. back in the day only a couple of us went engie everyone wanted to be rambo medics.
Back to top Go down
Durialforce
G!X Member
G!X Member
Durialforce

Male

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySat May 04, 2013 8:52 pm

No I can't agree with that. We have only 10 of them, you can disarm them and smoke will prevent them from detonating. In my opinion, there is still a good balance of roles in a team.

Edit:
- Besides that, there are other ways of dodging tripmines like running towards them and press x.
- Be happy not everyone wants to be medic anymore
- Even normal mines and poison gas mines aren't used that much. If tripmines could be disarmed that easy like normal mines, it comes to the point they'll useless..
Back to top Go down
Sc0ut
Sc0ut

Male

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2013 12:57 am

Initially I was going to agree with shhpank considering it does get difficult to nearly impossible when you have that much tripwire being all set up in the gold room on the goldrush map to sit there and try to ninja your way in or defuse each one, all the while being targeted by the many enemies guarding.

However, Durial brings up some pretty valid points that I wasn't even aware of, that anyone could use to their advantage when dealing with this aspect of warfare. I'd have to agree with Durial on this one. There really are a decent number of ways to offset a tripwire (especially using smoke to render them completely useless.)

The tripwire denotes a very fun aspect of our server and it does provide a meaningful incentive for a more diversified class base that our players can enjoy (not just medic). Taking into account the points Durial has brought up, I'd have to say tripwire is acceptable as is. Just my opinion :3
Back to top Go down
SHHPANK
G!X Member
G!X Member
SHHPANK

Male
Registration date : 2008-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2013 1:53 am

I didn't know about the smoke. i still feel the damage is too high. every hit is instant death no matter how far away you are from the actual mine
Back to top Go down
Sc0ut
Sc0ut

Male

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2013 2:19 am

I think of tripwire as mines for the indoors, since you can't actually plant a mine inside. xD

And, just like with mines, if you set one off, you're most likely going to get killed. If mines already possess this power, then tripwire can't be that bad. Also considering that it nicely balances out where hidden explosive's can be placed (outside & inside), I think makes it a neat equivalent.
Back to top Go down
Shoot1stAsk2nd
G!X GENERAL
G!X GENERAL
Shoot1stAsk2nd

Male
Registration date : 2013-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2013 3:56 am

For what it's worth I am with Sc0ut and Durial on this one. I like the use of mines but once I spot them I can always disarm them unless I am going Jedi Fast and set it off. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.davidbigger.com
Kaos
G!X Member
G!X  Member
Kaos

Male

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2013 4:26 am

How about making them damageable by explosives though? Because unlike normal mines which you can jump over if you spot, you can actually use tripmines to completely block off doors.

-----------------------------------------------------

Also - how about map voting? Not the regular type of map vote which was proposed earlier - the nitmod gamemode option. This allows people to vote on the next map which will be played after the current one ends. You can also set up a regular map rotation alongside this mode, so that the same map is never played twice.

There are other options as well - map voting is very customizable.

Soak
Back to top Go down
Pyro
G!X Member
G!X  Member
Pyro

Male
Registration date : 2009-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2013 11:35 am

I like Soak's way of thinking, on both subjects. I think the map voting is something we should consider doing Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/filip.thorez
Yoh

Male
Registration date : 2013-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2013 11:56 am

I want new maps , more adre and fast shot xD !!!
Back to top Go down
Billy5

Male

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2013 11:59 am

Yes, definitely more maps, and map voting is great idea too. What about bigger change, for example No Quarter? Wink)
Back to top Go down
[=G!X=]Bulls<3[=pink=]
G!X Member
G!X Member
[=G!X=]Bulls<3[=pink=]

Male

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2013 12:57 pm

Yoh wrote:
I want new maps , more adre and fast shot xD !!!
New maps, I can look into it.
More adre, no. Already discussed this in this forum. The adrenaline which is being offered now is something I myself feel satisfied with.
Fast shot we tried, people didn't like it, so again. no.

All the other suggestions with map voting, other maps, the tripmine discussion and all that, I'm gonna look into it and let you guys know something as soon as I have time to look into these things.

Oh and Billy, Green is a nitmod server. No Quarter is for Red. If we were to get another server, then if we decide on no quarter, then that will be the red server.
So the mod won't be changed for this server.
Back to top Go down
Kaos
G!X Member
G!X  Member
Kaos

Male

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2013 3:19 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Map voting stuff, search for:
g_maxMapsVotedFor
g_minMapAge
g_mapVoteFlags
g_excludedMaps

Map voting is g_gametype 6

-------------------------------

Tripmine damage is g_damageweapons. In fact there is a bunch of cool stuff in g_damageweapons:
itflag to enable ability to shoot some weapons to damage and destroy them
1 : Hand grenades can be damaged
2 : Satchel charges can be damaged
4 : Airstrike markers can be damaged
8 : Smoke canisters can be damaged
16 : Bombs can be damaged
32 : Tripmines can be damaged
64 : Poison gas canisters can be damaged

Soak
Back to top Go down
[=G!X=]Rob[=GREEN=]
LEADER
[=G!X=]Rob[=GREEN=]

Male

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2013 3:59 pm

Now we are still growing i would like a bigger map in our map cycle......like temple finale.
Rob
Back to top Go down
MoHawk
G!X CLAN OWNER
G!X CLAN OWNER
MoHawk

Male
Registration date : 2008-09-14

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2013 4:34 pm

[=G!X=]RED NO QUARTER XP SAVE

TF2.ET-GIX.COM:27960

(part time online ONLY)

Last edited by MoHawk on Sun May 05, 2013 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.et-gix.com
[=G!X=]Rob[=GREEN=]
LEADER
[=G!X=]Rob[=GREEN=]

Male

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2013 6:17 pm

nice cheers Cool
Back to top Go down
Sc0ut
Sc0ut

Male

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 EmptySun May 05, 2013 9:20 pm

New servers are always a win xD Danke!

As for the tripwire discussion:

I think part of what makes tripwire attractive and fun is its ability to behave similar to that of an outside mine with relatively the same amount of damage dealt if you weren't being observant and happened to set one off.

By lowering the damage, I image tripwire will become much less entertaining and most players will view it as too tedious an exercise to want to switch to engineer and be forced to place 2 or 3 extra tripwires to actually kill an opponent. Not to mention having to rebuild all of one section when a bot blindly walks into it. Keep in mind, there is a cooldown a player suffers when planting a tripwire, so that player will be forced to remain in that location, away from the action, for a good while before he can setup an adequate amount of the explosive. Also, if we look back to the original thought of this discussion, the idea was to suppress the amount of tripwire being used in a single area, this will only act to exacerbate it. It wouldn't have the same appeal.

The tripwire may very well be a delicate subject considering what is has been shown to offer on the server. At the moment, like what was mentioned earlier, it is providing a rather different assortment of classes on the field. Which affects the whole experience well beyond the tripwire and affects pubbers as well, as they experience this diversification firsthand while they're playing. It may be a unique and enjoyable experience for them to want to come back.

Quite honestly it looks like the tripwire as it is is doing so much for us, it seems a little unnecessary to fix something that is seemingly unbroken :3

Just my, albeit long, two cents Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server Suggestions   Server Suggestions - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Server Suggestions

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next